The Scotland Rally is without any doubt the most beautiful rally in the whole world. In 6 stages you will drive along spectacular roads in England and Wales until you finally reach the astonishing sceneries of Scotland.JOIN THE RALLY & WIN A MINI COOPER!
You will receive a detailed Road Book at the beginning of the rally where some hidden gems and the most beautiful roads of the United Kingdom will be described.
You will pass some legendary roads, checkpoints, historical castles and secret dustroads. The finish line of each stage will be drawn on a unique spot along the road where you will have the opportunity to set camp.
The team that best performs the Rally Challenges can take the wheel of a British car industry icon: A blue old-timer Mini Cooper. It is draped in Scottish colours and at your disposal until it is handed over to the next winner.
The Week Schedule
START - STONEHENGE
STONEHENGE - SNOWDONIA
SNOWDONIA - PIEL ISLAND
PIEL ISLAND - LOCH LOMOND
LOCH LOMOND - INVERNESS
INVERNESS - ISLE OF SKYE
The Rally Challenges
The winning team of The Scotland Rally 2020 will receive an authentic blue&white Mini Cooper and she is yours until it's handed over to the next winner.. Points will be awarded in 3 different categories.
- Oldtimer: 50 - 100 points
- Youngtimer: 30 - 70 points
- Sports car: 0 - 50 points
- A creativity score of your car, awarded by our independent five-headed jury: max 100 points
- Typical Highland Challenges
- At Piel Island
- Separate classification ladies & gentlemen
- Max 30 points to earn per challenge
- Assessment by our independent 5-member jury
- Max 200 points each day by successfully executing challenges and finding all checkpoints.
- Master Challenge(s): one or two extra foolish assignments worth around 100 points per assignment (depending on the difficulty level) .
When does the rally take place?
The Scotland rally leaves Saturday 1th and Sunday 2th of August, at the White Cliffs of Dover. After an extensive inspection the rally will take off direction Stonehenge accompanied by the sound of Scottish bagpipes.
The arrival on the Isle of Skye is planned for Thursday afternoon, 6th of August and Friday 7th of August. On Friday or Saturday you will have the time to drive home. You can also book some additional nights on the last campsite at the time.
Where to sleep?
You have the choice of camping each stage at our arrival locations or choosing your own hotel in the area.
Camping option (+80 euro) (for the whole week)
- Basic sanitation
- You provide your own tent, mat, sleeping bag
- These locations range from luxurious campsites to slightly more primitive pitches in the middle of nowhere
- You provide your own sleeping place for the whole week
- At the end of June you can expect the exact locations of the arrival points
Where to eat?
You can choose to provide your own food, or to join us daily at our breakfast & evening buffet (Option Rally Food, 80€). The meals we offer are prepared by chefs who travel with us. They are simple meals (BBQ, wok, pasta,...).
How do I register?
Starting from December 7th 2019, you can register using this website (bottom of page). You can register a team ranging from two to nine people. Per team, you will have one car. In case multiple friends tag along and you are split over more than one car, you will have to create two teams.
The first to register creates a team, the others join this team afterwards. Everyone registers separately. You can choose to change the size of your team, switch teams, split up teams, add extra options etc. until three weeks before departure.
Help! I don't have a very special car.
Doesn't matter! Even the most average grey Renault Clio can become a masterwork, as long as you are creative. We are not going to reject your candidacy if your car is not special enough. It will just not earn you a lot of points during the inspection at the start of the rally!
How much does it cost?
The registration fee is €250 per person. This includes:
- A unique arrival location
- A detailed roadbook
- The full logistic support of the trip
- Every evening a dazzling evening activity
- The game & activities on the way
- Probably: the trip of a lifetime.
What is not included in the basic price:
- Rally Food: Breakfast and dinner (+ €80 pp)
- Rally Camping: Camping on arrival (+ €80 pp)
- Personal insurance (+ €39 pp)
- Cancellation insurance (+ €30 pp)
- Fuel of the car
- Péage, toll roads and vignettes under the road
- Car insurance Car insurance
Zij gingen je voor
Scotland Rally Drivers
Want to stay informed about each other's preparations?
Join our Scotland Rally Drivers community on facebook!
Ideal to get inspiration and help each other.